TOP 7 Reasons to Stage a Vacant Home Listed For Sale!
1) Buyers need to use their imagination to see the potential. Because the rooms are empty, it is often difficult for them to envision how they would look with furniture, décor, rugs, and artwork.
2) Sometimes it is impossible to figure out the purpose of a particular space. If there is a room or area in the home that is even remotely odd, shaped or sized in an unusual manner, or whose purpose is ambiguous, then buyers will be confused and uncertain. Its purpose must be adequately defined, and this is best done visually.
3) In vacant properties, buyers tend to focus on every imperfection. And the older the house and the more outdated the fixtures, the bigger this problem will be. Staging the home will distract buyers and minimize the impact of these imperfections.
4) An empty house feels cold and bleak. Remember, first impressions count. You want it to be warm and inviting so buyers will have an emotional response and establish a personal connection with the house, just as they do with model homes. Sell the dream.
5) And paradoxically, empty rooms actually seem SMALLER than furnished rooms, leaving buyers to wonder whether their furnishings will even fit. Proper staging of the rooms will solve this immediately and portray to buyers more SPACIOUS living spaces.
6) Both the interior and exterior appearance of a home can actually play a very important role in deciding its value. Making sure to improve the landscaping, remove the clutter inside the home and select paint for any area that needs a fresh coat will get noticed by an appraiser and can translate to a higher appraised value and a higher sales price for a home.
7) It’s all about the photos! Over 90% of sellers are viewing their next home online but did you know that 85% of those buyers say it’s the photos that are the most important factor when deciding to go view the home. You want your listing to appeal to the broadest range of potential buyers online and home staging will instantly create more attractive photos that drive buyer traffic to the property, knock out the competition and get it sold faster!