The fall season is upon us and the Atlanta landscape becomes a beautiful setting of foliage in warm colors and is a great time of year to list a home for sale. It’s time to bring those autumn colors inside and fall into these 7 Home Staging Tips for the Fall Season!
7) Cozy Spaces. Create an inviting space by placing a throw and earth tone colored pillows on the sofa Fill a basket with magazines and place near a leather chair. A decorative bowl of pine cones on the coffee table is perfect when staging a living room. Go ahead and set the thermostat to more comfortable temperatures.
6) Add Seasonal Color. A tall bunch of dark colored twigs or sticks wrapped in twine is a great fall decor prop for corners or near the fireplace. Large baskets overflowing with blankets also emphasize an inviting fireplace when placed nearby. A multi-colored fall wreath on the front door is perfect to welcome buyers but keep it simple and attractive.
5) Brighten Up. Shorter days ahead means it will get darker earlier in the day. Be sure to have generous artificial light to supplement the daylight and it is suggested to put a timer on a few lamps throughout the home so buyers aren’t viewing the home in the dark.
4) Flaunt the Fireplace. The fireplace especially should always be the focal point of a living space. It’s a great selling feature especially around this time of year and can be highlighted with any type of fall foliage – bring the outdoors inside! Add a large mirror above the fireplace to make it really pop.
3) Curb Appeal. The leaves may be changing colors but they are covering the landscape. Break out the leaf blower and keep your front lawn debris free and looking organized. Take advantage of the pumpkin sale in your area and purchase a few to display in a collection of sizes by the front door.
2) Appeal to the Senses. Stir up a pot of hot apple cider with cinnamon for potential buyers to sip during an open house or warm up a loaf of pumpkin bread in the oven – nothing says fall than these pleasing aromas when viewing a home!
1) Update Your Listing Photos. Staging your home is key to a successful sale but don’t forget it’s the photos online of your home that are what buyers are looking at so update them with your brand new fall pictures. Your pictures from the previous season will make your listing seem dated.